No English? No Problem!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hi there!



To all the people who came over from Miyagi-san's blog. Your visits have spiked the stats for my blog to unheard-of heights. (o_0)?

Though for me, it's still somewhat bemusing to see total strangers leave comments of sympathy for my DF on my blog... hahaha...

Google me!



Who watched the movie 'Hitch'? If you did, you'd know that Will Smith's character would usually do research on his clients and their prospective women through Google by Googling them.

Indeed, Google has become so popular that it's even become a verb on its own. To Google: (V) To find something or someone through the Google search engine. [are we gonna see this in the Longman dictionaries any time soon?]

So in a fit of boredom one night, I googled myself to see what I could come up with.

Suffice to say, it looks much easier in the movies.

If you were to type in 'boredslacker' in Google, you'd find an extremely comprehensive list of my online activities, chief at the top being, strangely enough, my long-neglected tripod website. Fair enough.

If you were to type in my REAL name however....... Holy cow, you get something like 10 pages of results! \(0_0)/ Help!

Most of the other entries were highly unrelated. I did find some people who shared the same name and surname as I did [and considering my name... that's quite a coincidence...] some 18year olds and one 13 going on 14.

Most others were just people who shared the same name, but different surnames. Like the lady who was some CFO for AXA or something... wah liao!

And there was even this: A non-profit organization dedicated to social development in Cambodia. (-_-!)

I did find my real full name, but it was on a list of alumni from NUSSUX. :p And similiarly, on that list is also the rest of you all. You know who you are. You can't run! Your names are on the Internet!

But as to my Real Life identity, that's all one would be able to find. Which is not surprising. I'm not famous in my RL mode. In the Internet, I'm Aki Tan, aka Boredslacker. I do cartoons, illustrations, and I'm an insanely avid blogger, who has a mildly [very, verry mildly] successful blog on the Internet. [eh, I got Tomorrowed, and Miyagied ok? Don't play play ah...]

In RL...... I'm a jobless goon. (-_-!) Ok, waiting for entry to NIE, and then to become a govt slave. (!-_-!) No wonder most people prefer the allure and anonymity of the Internet, eh?

So for us anonymous goons out there, no need to wonder about information being spread about you on the Internet! [Most sensitive information nowadays is kept on secure networks anyway, much like NUSSUX's VPN, so unless you're a fool who likes to share her name, address, IC no, birthday, and name of dog with the world...] Just as in the real world, you're camoulflaged amongst all the other goons sharing the same name as you are...

More Quizzes!



Courtesy of Slayer, [and Krystal for some] my comments are in [] brackets












The Keys to Your Heart



You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free. [Sounds like I should get a horse instead.]

In love, you feel the most alive when things are straight-forward, and you're told that you're loved. [Does anyone ever like to be told that they're hated?]

You'd like to your lover to think you are stylish and alluring. [Heh.]

You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please. [Thankfully he hasn't shown signs of this... yet.]

Your ideal relationship is open. Both of you can talk about everything... no secrets. [Except for that one incident in.... never mind.]

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment. [Which means I stand a good chance of being the one dumped?? No.......]

You think of marriage as something precious. You'll treasure marriage and treat it as sacred. [Of course.]

In this moment, you think of love as something you can get or discard anytime. You're feeling self centered. [Oops, don't let the DF see this...]











Your Birthdate: February 20

Your birth on the 20th day of the month adds a degree of emotion, sensitivity, and intuition to your reading.

The 2 energy provided here is very social, allowing you to make friends easily and quickly.

Yet you are apt to have a rather nervous air in the company of a large group.

[I find this to be true. With a few people, I'm alright. With a large group, I tend to hide in the shadows.]

You have a warmhearted nature and emotional understanding that constantly seeks affection. [I need da love!]

You are very prone to become depressed and moody, as emotions can turn inward and cause anxiety and mental turmoil.

It can be hard for you to bounce back to reality when depression sets in. [Where's my Prozac? Quick!]

When things are going well, you can go just as far the other way and become extremely affectionate. [The DF should read this too....]


No comments: