No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Life, love and more...
So depressing..... another of my friends got attached [i tink... :p] and my singles club just got reduced by one... When is it gonna be my turn....
[Everyone out there rooting for it to "happen" with a particular guy can just forget about it happening. Once and for all, it ain't gonna happen]

Sometimes I feel as if I'm one of those people who are destined to be chronic singles. [The kind that ain't gonna get attached, no matter what] I'm already 22 and I've never had the chance to meet a guy who was willing to go through all that kind of effort to make me like him.

I know that I tend to be too much of an introvert. Sometimes I'm willing to just walk or shop by myself down Orchard, or through the library, cos that's what I've been used to all my life. Also I don't really take the initiative to meet people. I don't like to walk into a room where I hardly know anyone, I feel weird, I feel out, I feel ignored and I want out of there. It's times like that when it's better for me to be alone rather than force myself to socialize when I don't really want to at all.

But other times I wish I had someone in my life. I look at my attached friends and I feel this *twinge* of envy, cos they managed to find someone who was willing to care for them, to love them and to be there for them. [here you insert the whole rich/poor/sickness/health/till death do us part bit. Or is it too early for most of you attached folks? ;) ] I love my friends, [as friends] and I'm really grateful for everything they've done for me, but.... I donno, ultimately love and friendship are two very different things to me. They may be intertwined, but they're still two separate pieces of string.

Over time, I've complained about my single status to a whole bunch of people [it seems], and I've had some good advice from some people I know. Though I know they come with good intentions, I can't help but wonder:

I know everyone has someone, [as Jie likes to remind me] but I just wish I knew where mine was and what the heck he's taking his time with.

I know that I should not change myself to attract more guys, [as SZ n Turtle have told me] but I wish I knew what was keeping them away. [Like, is my breath that bad??] And,

I know that good things come to those who wait, [I tink this was Jie too] but I ain't getting younger so how long do I have to wait?


I like my [singlehood] freedom, but I'd like someone to share it with too.

No comments: