No English? No Problem!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I. Hate. Rain.

I hate it when it drizzles. I hate it when it showers. I hate it when it pours.

I hate it when it blows into my balcony, soaking all my shoes.

I hate it when it blows into my kitchen, and causing all my clothes to remain wet.

I hate it when the downpour prevents me from going out without a behemothic umbrella.

I hate it when I have to go out, and it drenches me all over when I do, making my feet squish in their shoes.

Get the picture? I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I get into a grump of a mood everytime it rains like this, especially during this monsoon season when it's happening more often. Somehow, the rain has an uncanny knack of choosing the moment just before I leave the house to come down in a sudden downpour, which is f**king irritating, thanks for asking. It's the constant damperer of my plans, no pun intended.

My plans today were fool-proofedly simple: Teach tuition in morning, go out with family for lunch, rest at home a while, maybe go out to library.

Because of the rain, and other reasons, one student cancelled, [though partly due to illness as well] and the other, as I type, is still wondering whether she should come down or not, despite her being 45 mins late in her schedule. >( This is another thing that irritates me, because everytime she comes late, I have to push back my afternoon plans or I am unable to finish covering everything in the lesson.

Fine. Maybe I can still go out with family for lunch. OOPS. Parents have decided to skip to Johor early in the morning, so I'm on my own. >( The irony of my life: Once I have time for family, family has no time for me, and vice versa. Should I even bother?

Ok, I'm on my own. No sweat, I can eat lunch by myself, and maybe hop down to the library.

Wait a mo, it's RAINING. It's POURING. It's getting decidedly BORING.

Ok, FINE. You had your way. I'm stuck at home. I can scrunge up something to eat for lunch.

Something like an Uncle Toby's bar and a pack of Ice Lemon tea. -_-!!!!!

Ok, the provision shop downstairs sells pau.

But at this time, all they have left are about... 8 pau. 8 miserable looking pau who've been looked over by the rest of the general public and are left languishing in their sauna prison.

I have no choice. Hunger compels me to free one of them.

In a last ditch attempt to save the day, I SMS the DF asking if he's free for dinner, so at least I have something to look forward to out of this wretched day.

2 hours later. No reply. I forget, he goes out with family on Sundays.

Unlike ME WHO'S BEEN DUMPED AT HOME WITH NOWHERE TO GO NOTHING TO EAT BUT ONE STUPID TAU SAR PAU AND NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT BLOG ABOUT HOW THIS DAY HAS ALL THE MARKINGS OF A TOTALLY MISERABLE ONE AND IT ALL STARTED WITH THE DAMN RAIN.

*Sigh*

This is so not the right time of the month for me.

No comments: