No English? No Problem!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

IBM Laptops are super antisocial



From the previous fracas of my old laptop comes another disaster with the new one. ^_^!

Because right now only one PC in the entire household can be connected to the Internet at any one time, my dad has been trying to set up a network so that all of us can be connected at once. This is particularly crucial for me and bro, cos we're the most frequent users of the Internet and also, the ones who fight most over the usage of the PC.

So I bought a wireless router and a couple of wireless network cards from the NTU co-op and thought that was all to go.

Me thought sooper wrong.

The router worked fine with the PC itself, but when it came to my laptop, it resolutely refused to communicate with it, no matter the amount of cajoling and threatening we did to them. [the router and the laptop] The worse part is that whenever I switched on Lapy, I could see that a wireless connection could be sensed, but when I tried to go into the Internet, nothing could be reached!!!

With a sinking feeling, I realised this was the exact situation I faced with the old one in my hall room.................

Then one day, I came home and dad told me that he had managed to get the thing working, but for it to work, I had to use a LAN cable to connect to the router. Nabeh, then I buy a wireless router for what somemore?

But one connection better than nothing. So we connected everything, switched on Lapy...

Only to find that the connection didn't work, now that I was in the room. Cue another hour or so of cursing and dad clicking intently away at the laptop.......

*string of bad expletives* Why the af does this always happen to me and IBM laptops??? Had I known this would've happened, I shld've just plopped my money on a sweet little Mac instead......

Then again, who's to say that the Mac wouldn't have given me the same problems? *Heavy sigh*

So we're back to sharing a PC for the Internet till my dad can figure out what the heck is wrong with this connection. Shinde......

No comments: