No English? No Problem!

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Urban Dream Capsule

Has anyone checked out Urban Dream Capsule? They're a group of 4 guys who've willingly locked themselves up in the Esprit shop window at Raffles city in order to become a living shop display from 30 May to 13 June, as part of the Singapore Arts Festival.


Don't worry though, 'cos all their basic amenities have been provided for in the shop window. I mean f'godssake, the furniture they use looks so damn funky I wish I could decor my house the same way. They cook, sleep, and bathe in full public view. Yes, I said bathe. The shower cubicle they use has a leaf pattern tactfully painted to hide *cough cough*

The picture on the left shows their kitchen area. It's so bloody colourful and funky! But what I don't get is where they get their food from. Do they call Pizza Hut or something? Do they deliver food in through a slot in the door? Er......

The guys can also communicate with passerbys through paper or sign language. This passerby happened to have a writing board in her bag.


Busily writing away...


"Ooh! So THAT'S what char kway teow is!"

Ok, that's probably not what they wrote to each other.... I didn't see it...

But anyway, the guys are pretty friendly, for a group of budding exhibitionists. It's pretty interesting to watch them in their 'house' and see how they suan each other and make fun of passerbys. Hee. It's kinda like reality TV but more... real. =P

You can email the guys at udream@starhub.net.sg or you can just go down to the Esprit window to ogle at them. You can't miss it. It's the only window with all the oglers standing in front of it.

2 of the guys:



One week before I fly off to London. Sigh... still got a buncha shopping to do, and it's all necessities for the trip. [wish it could be a new wardrobe or new comics or something but...] At the same time, my 'needs' list for the trip keeps expanding, and the number of questions just keep popping up. Like, laundry, underwear, crime, cash, insurance blah blah blah......

ARGH! On the one hand, I REALLY wanna get outta here. On the other, I'm starting to dread all the [potentially major] problems I could face when I get there! [in her best Dorothy voice] I AIN'T GONNA BE IN KANSAS NO MORE! Er, not that I ever was, but I think you get the reference...

Gods it's gonna be a whole new COUNTRY, a whole new CONTINENT, and a wholly different CULTURE from the one I've lived in ALL MY LIFE. How will I survive???? BWAAAAAAAH.......... I suddenly have an urge to bring my fatso, stuffed Chubbyhugs cat along just so I'd have something to hug if I have to. Then again, if I bring him and I lose him over there... BWAAAAAAAAH...........

*Plays "Leaving on a Jet Plane" on the com*

No comments: