No English? No Problem!

Sunday, May 30, 2004

I want my Preciousssssss....

Yupz yupz, if you don't know what that refers to... I dunno what planet you've been living on...

I finally went to the LORD OF THE RINGS exhibition on Sat with Necroz. Like FINALLY! Note to all going: If you want more value, present your matric card and pay entrance of $16 as opposed to $20 adult price. Also, before you buy your ticket at the annex, go to a counter next to it, say, "I want my precious...." in your most Gollum-ish voice, and get a free LOTR keychain! Talk about squeezing all the value outta your dough...

And people in Aussie: Sorry, but no word on extensions yet. They've had all kinds of ticket promotions but no extensions. Exhibition ends on 4th June.

Didn't manage to take photos, cos er, as usual, photography not allowed, and they even added camera handphones to the list. Damn! Busted! But the props are really cool, and the attention to detail is really amazing. They have everything from belt buckles, scrolls, books, to the model of Boromir's body in the funeral boat in Fellowship. Wah lau eh! We basically walked through all the exhibits ogling at everything and admiring the workmanship.

There's also this part where they demonstrate how they make hobbits look so small. They have a bench, split in 2 pieces, and at 2 ends of the booth. The benches are set against a green background.

Each person sits at a bench. Then the image is recorded and glued together to make it seem like both are sitting at the same bench against the background of the Shire.

The thing is, the person sitting on the left is amazingly smaller than the person on the right! When we tried it, I looked like a midget next to the gigantic Necroz, which is amazing, cos she's shorter than me!

Then after the LOTR there's an entry into a SFX exhibition, which demonstrates how they do all those fancy-schmancy special effects in movies. Like, you stand against a green background, do some movements, and you're recorded on a TV screen outside against a superimposed background. For $6, you can also record your own movie at the stations. [no I didn't... decided not to... hee] Lots of chances to ham it out here... hee...

We also went into the Science Centre itself, and checked out some of the Physical sciences exhibits and fooled around with the stuff. The most impressive display is the Tesla coil. This is in the atrium, and is something like a huge doughnut generator. When they switch it on.... Good god! Strikes of lightning, crackling with power suddenly shoot out from the coil! Impressive!

No, they didn't shoot out and blast the screaming audience. Rather, they're kept within a bounded area. How they did that..... I dunno. Science was never my strong suit. Hee...

We tried to check out the other exhibits, but got hungry, tired, and stoned from all the stuff. Finally, hopped on a bus to town for shopping. Hahahaha!

Some of the shops have some pretty good sales for the Great Singapore Sale. Sigh... And I realised the shitty thing about my trip is that I CAN'T SPEND A DIME!!!!! I have to save for my trip! While Necroz is happily zapping her ATM card away! ARGH!

When I come back...... I swear......

Anyway, pix:

Display board at the entrance
Sort of like a LOTR Snakes and Ladders.


The 2 statues at the entrance of the exhibit itself.


The 2 statues, after adding some text...

No comments: