No English? No Problem!

Friday, May 28, 2004

Guys, the comments work... Krystal I got your comment, so yes, even non-blogspot users should be able to use the function. Hope it's easy for you guys to comment.

Oh, and apparently there was a typo in my last post. It's not the police who are doing the nabbing of litterbugs, it's the National Environmental Authority [or I tink that's what it stands for]. Sorry to the boys in blue...

Welcome to Olly

My horoscope today courtesy of astrology.com reads:

Every fond daydream you've ever nurtured is about to be activated. You'll love every minute of it -- as will the lucky companion you've chosen to play your prince or princess.

Thanks to the stars... for screwing with my mind once again just when it was getting settled.

But there's a tinge of truth in it as well... for I have one more Prince in my life... hahaha...

I like to call him Olly...

Would you like to see a pic of him?

















Wait, I'm trying to upload the pix.....


























everybody meet Olly


Ain't he cute? HAHAHAHA!

Hey no way I can deal with another dragonfly in my life... please...

But yes! yes! YES! MY 1ST DIGICAM!!! Nicked him Olly because it's an Olympus.. haha... looks just like the pic but the sliding part is blue...

So happy... *sniff sniff* And after using my camera phone, the resolution looks FANTASIC... And ZOOM! I HAVE ZOOM!

The software they give with the cam not too bad also... has the basic functions like crop, rotate, brightness/contrast, hue/saturation, colour balance.. namely all the stuff that I usually have to use photoshop for... so photo editing is easier. Actually all the photos linked to this blog have been edited.. hahaha... my photography skills aren't there yet.

Only drawbacks... apparently I can only use a particular battery and memory card with this cam... Darn...

But as a starting point for amateur photography, it ain't half bad... just that now I owe my dad another $300... eeks...

I feel like a giddy kid at xmas with a new toy... heeheehee... went out n took a few pix around town and bishan park... also took one of the best-looking pix there are of me out there... [zi4 lian4 kuang3] Anyone out there willing to pay for my pix? hahaha...

Oh, n I finally watched Shrek2. Not too bad, but somehow not as hilarious as the first. Ok, it's the Sequel Syndrome once again. Hey, the HP ad for dreamworks was cute though... :p

So pix from town: [warning, will take time to load]

From rooftop of Esplanade





Skyline of the city


Pix from Bishan Park:

Brownie

Brownie is an abandoned dog living in Bishan Park right now. He has a collar, but no ID tag, and he lives on the charity of the vet nearby and the people who walk through it from the Ang Mo Kio market.

He's lived there for about a couple months now, and having the whole of Bishan Park to wander in, is one of the most carefree dogs I have ever seen. He's also really friendly, and will allow you to pat him.

However, he's also scared stiff of cats. (??) I've seen him almost get his face half scratched off by a cat at the vet's. Also, another time, somebody gave him food, and he was happily eating until he spied a cat coming near.

Nearer and nearer the cat came, until when the cat was about 2m away from him, he bolted! And the cat happily helped himself to Brownie's food.

A dog scared of cats. There goes all the stereotypes, huh? ;)

Skyline of Bishan




Shady pond


View from my room
From the dark prison, to the wilderness beyond.


Interesting incident:
Just after taking the pic of the shady pond, I noticed an old man who had just walked past me, and kept giving me backward glances. I put it down at first to simple curiosity, [what is this girl doing taking pictures of this pond for what??] and then he asked me.

"Are you from huan2 jing4 bu4?" [loosely translated as Environment board?]

"Huh?"

He repeats his question and I go, No, no, for fun only. He nods his head in understanding, and then walks off.

As he does, I look down at myself. My hair is tied up, I'm wearing an oversized Bizad FOC T-shirt, bermudas and sandals, and I have a cheapo waistpouch, which is turned to my butt.

In what way do I resemble a government employee?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TABBIE!! I OFFICIALLY HATE U N OLLY NOW!! *grins* Olly is a keeper btw babe. =) My Olympus is a normal camera...kinda cranky sometimes...kinda like me I guess *muahahaha* I wan a digi cam too....but most prob going to get a video cam instead. Saving for convo! *sigh* Things I do for my 5 secs of fame *grins* Take care though and take more picz! Ohoh...n ur Europe trip n pls be careful with it...for that matter, tell the Polar Bear to be careful with his too.....he might take someone's eye out with it before he loses it *grins*

-andrea-