No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

God save me from Zara



Note: My little tagboard may be about to permanently kick the bucket, seeing as how the website that supports it DOESN'T EVEN SEEM TO EXIST ANYMORE. *Grrrr gnash* As an alternative before I get something else up, you guys can use the comments tag at the end of each entry. Simply click on the link that says 'pieces of crap' and follow the instructions like good girls, arigatou gozaimasu...




The actual post:

*Warning: The following post contains references to nudity, underwear and embarrassing encounters in the female changing rooms. Red-blooded straight young males are advised to... keep it under control, since I've now undoubtedly gotten your attention.

I've been on a Quest. A quest of insurmountable odds, with foes at every corner, and numerous obstacles in my path.

The Grail at the end: A white shirt that will fit me perfectly for any impending interviews with MOE.

*Everyone reading this pengs and crashes to the ground*

HEY! It's not as easy as you think you know! Firstly, despite the White Shirt being the Classic Fashion Item, there are only SO MANY places that actually sell white shirts, for one! And to find a real Classic White Shirt, with starched collars, buttons down the front, and 3/4, half, long sleeves are even harder.

To find one that perfectly fits my size: SHEER IMPOSSIBILITY. I'd have better luck finding Atlantis, Babylon, and the Holy Grail before lunch before I'd even have a sighting of this perfect White Shirt.

My main grouse: The damned BUTTONS. Who da heck was da wise guy who dictated that button-down shirts looked professional and nothing else did? Who da heck decided that interviewees only looked presentable in button-down shirts? That person deserves to be strangled by having his shirt buttoned up to his neck so that he can't breathe.

For the buttons are the source of my despair. Because of my well-endowed assets in front, there is always that popped up space between the buttons that allow anyone standing beside me to get a sideways peek of my bra. [any woman who's gone shopping for a button-down shirt will know what popped up space I'm talking about] No way buying such shirts. The MOE interviewers will not be impressed.

But even when trying on other clothes [ok, i got distracted by the others] at Zara, I faced the same problem with my bosom. The current trend at Zara is Bohemian Chic, and oh I love it! Long-sleeved Indian-inspired shirts, with beads and sequins around the collars, long shirts which cover my unsightly waist, and yet cut to show off the female figure. *Goes gaga at the memory*

But therein lies problems. For one, most of the shirts are cut low. And I mean LOW, as in 'do not go out without wearing tube underneath, especially when going out with men who are slightly taller than I am' kind of low. *groan* Granted, as Necroz says, there is a feeling of freedom when one carries a 'see and be damned' attitude when wearing such stuff on the streets, but see, considering that my bust is like 2 sizes larger than hers is... such an attitude may bring TOO MUCH unwanted attention.

Then there was the brown long-sleeved shirt, which reached to my knees and carried hints of Indian inspiration. It had these gorgeous embroidery around the collar, and I loved the way it lightly hugged my figure and yet covered up everything else.

The problem: These little floral cut-out patterns around the collar, which was quite low, and offered anyone around me tantalizing views of what colour my bra was.

Of course, my long hair would help to cover up the holes here and there but still......? Even wearing a tube won't help much. It will still look like one's
underwear.

Or how about this cute white, long-sleeved hippie shirt? Quite cute, not too low, but terribly translucent. Wearing underwear of any colour other than white is a definite no-no-NO with that one... but I looked so cute in it.......

And Necroz wasn't much help on the matter. Her comments on all the bosom-revealing tops were along the lines of "Ask him lah! Bring him here, ask him how it looks and see his nose bleed!" -_-!!! I don't think I need to say who lah... [if you're reading this, it was my friend who said it!]

Well, at least the final saving factor for me was the price. At a starting price of $75...... I'm not too tempted to buy any of those tops now.

At least... not VERY tempted......

No comments: