No English? No Problem!

Friday, November 19, 2004

Talk about multi-tasking... Currently I'm chatting online, updating blog, uploading photos and checking out message boards.... yeeps... the power of the Internet...

I donno whether you guys are affected, or whether it's just me, but my poor, faithful little tagboard is down. Kaput. Kicked the electronic bucket. I donno whether this is a temporary glitch or whether the company has given up for good, but I hope it'll come back. if not, I'll put in a replacement. You guys seem to love it so much.

Flea market at Braddell again tonight! But due to underwhelming demand the other time, I don't think I'll be selling my shirts there again. Instead, I cleared out my wardrobe for all my old, haven't-worn-in-centuries clothes and am planning to hock it there instead. "$2 for everything! Take! Buy! Please!" [although most likely, we end up selling most of my mom's old stuff instead, which is almost twice the amount of stuff I have]

Clearing the wardrobe, however, has turned out to be something of a timecapsule opening. Memories abound in the cupboard full of old clothes. T-shirts from O-week in NUS, JC house shirts, [the old green house shirt] all the way back to the sec 1 Fiesta shirts. [Slayer: Remember those? Still have them... hehe] And even a very, very old shirt from my cathecism classes when I still went to church. [oh boy, that one is old, all right...]

A person's lifetime... recorded in T-shirts...

Then as you go even further back, you find other stuff, stuff that you had when your fashion sense was non-existent and you were the willing barbie doll for your parents to doll up. Gods, I shivered when I saw clothes from that era. *shiver* Those were the times when your dressing was entirely dependent on the tastes of your parents and grandparents. At the present time... you'd have to force me under pain of death to wear some of those things again.

Are they that bad? Well, take a look:


There may be fauna hiding among all the foliage in this skirt.


Vertical stripes may be flattering, but this dress looks like it was recycled from some curtains.


No, this isn't my dad's or my brother's shirt. A drawback to my cross-dressing days, when I wore baggy shirts and nothing with even a touch of feminity.


No offence to certain people, but this reminds me of the SCGS uniform, albeit a pink version of it.


I just know my grandmother bought this one for it. She had a penchant for floral designs, and for forcing her granddaughter to wear them whenever they went out. Explains my later cross-dressing days.

*shudder* Not surprisingly, I'm pretty glad to be able to get rid of some of them......

No comments: