No English? No Problem!

Friday, August 05, 2005

And I still haven't gotten my laptop hooked up to the Net.......... phwargh bleargh pooi pooi.........

Ok, lemme rephrase... I haven't gotten my laptop hooked up to the Net... In my hostel room.......... pooi pooi pooi............

It's 10am, in the NIE com lab, I didn't get enough sleep due to weird dreams the entire night, [Turtle was going to jail, and DF and I were back in JC, but he was in the wrong class.....er........] and I stood in front of a damned photocopying machine for one hour trying to desperately photostat whatever I could, and gacking at the sheer amount of paper that was coming out......

Oh yea, time for a good ol' rant...

Firstly, the LAPTOP

I brought it down to NIE com lab early one morning this week, and the lady there successfully installed the network card, and the client software, only to tell me:

"Oh, by the way, you may not get reception in some hostels."

"What? Where would I be able to use it, then?"

"In NIE itself."

*string of bad English, Hokkien and Japanese expletives* Then what's the blardy point of getting the card in the first place??? Why not I just make my way to the com lab each time???

Then, there's THE CABLE

I borrowed a network cable from the hostel office, which presumably was supposed to hook my com up to the Net through the LAN network.

Notice that I'm still in the com lab this morning. (-_-)

An inconvenient part of our room layout is that one LAN point is directly under Yenn's table. So I crawled under her desk to connect the cable, pushed the other end into my laptop, and set the proxy.

No connection.

I bring my laptop to the other side of the room, where our beds are.

STill no connection.

*English expletives* Then why I borrow the blardy cable for??? To strangle the hostel office staff when it doesn't work??

And when I asked the staff about it, all they said was, "The whole campus should be wireless, right?"

Yea, everywhere on campus except your blardy hostel area...... grumble grumble grumble....... This is when images of strangling them with the wire came in..........

Lastly, for today, is the PHOTOCOPYING.

I had [conveniently] forgotten how much photocopying one had to do in Uni. It seems, in the past few days, that everytime I came to the library, it was inevitably for some kind of photocopying. *dryly* After all, who cares about copyright infringements when your education and hence future career success is at stake, huh?

So I stood in front of the machine, zapping...........

And zapping...............

And zapping.........................................

Before I really got tired, and decided, "Screw this for now", and smashed my Iron Fist of Death into the photocopying machine, to the extreme shock and disbelief of all those standing behind me.

Nah, just kidding, though I wish I could have done so.

Now I know why NIE has that psychology clinic on campus...... It's to prevent Columbine-wannabes like me.......................

More rants if something else pisses me off...........

No comments: