No English? No Problem!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

In case you guys haven't had the chance to hear it, yea I did it.


I signed up with NIE.


Maybe GTS will have a new sidekick soon...... NSGTT.... Not So Great Teacher Tan......


After ( another ) night of lecturing from my parents about my future, or lack thereof, I filled up and submitted the form in a fit of pique.


Maybe finally I decided to just let God decide.


Maybe I'm turning back to Catholicism.


Maybe I'm getting more holy.


Maybe a car will skid across the road and knock me down tomorrow. My parents will sue the driver for insane amounts of money to foot the hospital bills, and compensate them for the loss of income I would have earned over a long, fruitful teaching career, of which I had applied for, because I was such a loving and dedicated teacher to my students, and of course that was my plan all along, but now that's all ruined because some reckless, rich bastard with too much horsepower decided to take a spin down Bishan road. My mother will weep fulsomely in court, my father will glare black daggers at the driver until he dies of the stare, and my brother will stand at the head of my comatose body in the hospital and ask the nurses to take care of me well. My friends will all stand around me, and talk of all the good times we had together, so that somehow my comatose body will hear their voices, despite the possible brain damage, and miraculously heal itself in order to have a joyful reunion with life. The money from the lawsuit will pay for the physiotherapy treatments for the rest of my life, because my friend the physiotherapist will charge me lower fees, ( i'm hoping anyway ) and also cover my living expenses for the great majority of my living years. Being the savvy ex-Bizader that I am, I will wisely invest this money, and thus, become filthy rich on all that passive income while the guy who knocked me down will rot in jail, forever regretting that one fateful day.


And all this came about because:


You are a Linguistic Thinker

Linguistic thinkers:
Tend to think in words, and like to use language to express complex ideas.
Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
Like linguistic thinkers, Leonardo made meticulous descriptions in his journals. He also made an effort to learn Latin - a foreign language


Other Linguistic Thinkers includeWilliam Shakespeare, Sylvia Plath, Anne FrankCareers which suit Linguistic thinkers includeJournalist, Librarian, Salesperson, Proof-reader, Translator, Poet, Lyricist

Explains why I like to blog. ( Wow, I have the same thinking method as Sylvia Plath. Wait a minite.............. )


Then check out this one:

You are a Musical Thinker Musical thinkers: Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings. Feel a strong connection between music and emotionsLike many musical thinkers, Leonardo loved to sing, and had a fine voice

Other Musical Thinkers includeMozart, John Lennon, Jimi HendrixCareers which suit Musical Thinkers includeMusician, Music teacher, Sound engineer, Recording technician


Oh god, now it's John Lennon. Wait a minute, why am I associated with all these creative minds who either got murdered or commited suicide?


Anyway you can do the quiz here.


But anyway, yea.


I signed up.

No comments: