No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Blonde in Bishan

Walking through Bishan Park one morning, I noticed a handsome blonde standing near the huddle of pet shops in the area. He was a golden retriever, one of my favourite dog breeds, so I couldn't help but go up and take a pet.
"Hello there," I said, "What'cha doin' here?"
As I spoke, I imagined what his replies would be.
"Hello there," He said, with a wolfish grin, "Just hangin' round with me mates." And pointed to his friends, hanging around behind him, a little suspicious of me. They were all scottish terriers, and less inclined to be friendly.
We talked for a while, and then he got restless.

"Can't keep a good chap all fenced up like this," He said, "Hang on, lemme get outta here." He was standing in a fenced up area, which had a small hole under it, and he began trying to crawl under the hole to get out!

"My god! Can you squeeze through?"

"Sure can," He said, grinning at me, "Jus' watch me." And he actually did! The pet shop owner definitely has a prison-break on his hands now.
The rest of his friends gaped at him over the fence.
"Oi, mate!" one of them shouted, "Whaddaya think ya doin'??" He kept barking frantically from the pen.
"Don't worry about me, mates!" He shouted back, "I'll be back in a while!"

I now started to worry. He was free of the pen, and kept running circles around me. Possibly enjoying his new-found freedom. I grabbed his collar to stop him running off.

"This is brilliant! C'mon! Let's take a run!" He pulled me by the hand in one direction. Ack, but he was strong! Nearly pulled me off my feet!

"You can't do this!" I said, worriedly, "We'd better stay here." I didn't want the pet shop owner to come out and accuse me of stealing his $XXX golden retriever, and I was also afraid that the scottish terriers would follow suit and we'd really have a prison break on our hands.
"Aw, c'mon!" He tugged harder, "It's not often a guy gets to go out like this!"

"Sit down I say!" With the authority in me, practiced through many tuition sessions.

"Aw nuts," he said, sitting down on the grass. "Wotta wet blanket." Then suddenly, "I thought I saw something!" And tried to run off with me again. Argh! Couldn't help it, I tugged harder on his collar, trying to get him to sit down while I called for help.
We played this cat-and-dog game for a while, while I looked around frantically at the pet shop. Finally I saw an employee, and waved to her to indicate I needed help. "Oi! Is this your dog?" I shouted.

The employee noticed my predicament, and called out to a guy in the shop, who came out and walked towards us. When he noticed the guy coming out, "Aw nuts.", he said down placidly, awaiting his fate.

"You've been a bad boy!" I admonished.

"Aw, can you help a guy?" He stood up to his full height, and tried to give me a hug. Doggy style of course.
"Ok, ok, good boy, good boy, sit down already!" I said. I patted his head and scratched behind his ears.
Finally the guy from the shop came, and I told him what had happened. "Wah, he quite smart hor?" referring to the blonde guy, when I showed him the hole in the fence. Finally he led the dog off on a leash.
"See ya, luv!" he called out, while he was being led off.

Wah lau, quite a freaky experience, but at least no harm done to either party.

I've been trying to put together stuff for the Europe trip, and I can't believe how little I actually have to bring over. I currently have a box in my room where I throw in the stuff I need for the trip, to be packed later. And the box actually seems rather light. Hm. Maybe my bag will be lighter than I think.

I'm also realising that there are tons other stuff I need that I never really thought of. Like padlocks for the backpacks, to prevent theft. Concentrated laundry detergent, for, er, laundry. [$3.30 at Robinsons, supposedly good for 20 washes. Will tell you guys how it is] Axe oil and panadol as part of 1st aid. ARGH!

Because of this, been spending like crazy too, all part of the 'i need it for the trip' mentality. So... could be possible I'm spending a leeeetle more than needed, actually, to make my life a bit more comfortable there. Hee. Guilty Hee. But at least I finally 'liquidated' all my savings for more cash, or rather, I went to the bank with a bag of $1 coins I'd been saving since the start of the year, and plonked them in front of the teller. "Coin Deposit please."

Ah God. Ah God. Ah God. 4 more days till I go. I think I'll spend the remaining days eating all the cheapo hawker food I can find, before I go and potentially starve myself over there.

Anyway, me and the Dragonfly are slow, and I think I prefer it that way for now. Easier and more comfortable to face each other as friends rather than 'maybe something else'. :p Krystal: Don't worry, he definitely knows how I feel, seeing as how he read my entire blog, looking for references to himself. Hahaha... For now, I think this way easier, and less stressful on me also. :p Since, as I mentioned before, I should not be the 'predator' in this case, I'll just wait and see what move he makes to make me change my mind... hahaha... are you feeling worried now? ;p

And do we even have to go to a next step? Maybe if it's meant, it's meant. I still have a few concerns about getting into a relationship with him, so until those are met...

Que sera sera...

No comments: