No English? No Problem!

Friday, January 16, 2004

Insane and Possibly Unreasonable Rantings


Firstly, let me do some insane ramblings....

ARGH!!!!! I had GOOD tuition prospects and I LOST IT! This guy was looking for a tutor to teach 2 girls together, sec 1 and 2, maths and sci, and I said I did O level phys/chem, went onto commerce in JC and did business in NUS. That was this morning. Tonight, he called back and said he changed his name, sorry about it.

Insane ranting no. 1: You're sorry??? I just lost $600 potential income and you're sorry???

And this is not the first time. Last time I got offered 2 girls by the agency, 2Xweek, $500 a month. I said yes I want, ( and they stayed in Bishan some more. ) That agency never got back to me. Today, after the above guy called me, an agency smsed me, China woman, every day tuition, 15 an hour, and stays at AMK, but because of *below* kid, I told them I can only make it mornings. Then they said, sorry, she didn't say she was schooling, can only make it after 330. I told them I have other students, can only make it mon tues wed and fri afternoons. ( Thurs *booked* for Kovan, and Sats I have Jap class and Sun I try not to work if I can help it. ) The agency now said they'd get back to me tomorrow, and it looks like it'd be with a rejection note.

Insane ranting no. 2: Argh!!!! Why why WHY do I keep losing all the tuition assignments that I want to get??? What freak sense of karma here is stopping all these good-income assignments from going to me??? Bad enuff that I have to worry day and nite about my money, but I have to have these things slip out of my hands time and time again??? And end up with the super far assignments that don't pay as much???

Then we come to the Kovan Kid.

Just that Thurs, I went down to teach this kid at Kovan for the 3rd tuition lesson, and when I got to his house, the maid said, "But he just went out 5 minutes ago." What?

Anyway, guardian calls kid on handphone. Rant rant. Scold scold. Then tells me that he's at heartland mall and he's not coming back so they have to cancel this lesson so sorry about it would you like to call him and arrange the next lesson?

Yes, I would. At the same time I would like to arrange a session to kick his ass big time.

So I called him back. He claims he told the guardian he didn't want tuition on thurs. ( Incidentally, original tuition timing is mon + thurs. He didn't want on mon, so change to wed + thurs. Wed lesson got cancelled cos he had to stay back after sch. Thurs guardian never tell me anything. ) He said she told me wrongly. I said that's not my fault. He replied "Well that's not my fault either."

Fine. Whatever. Communication breakdowns occur. So I ask when he wants tuition again. I hear a "argh" over the phone and he cuts me off.

The little bleep bleep cut me off.

I call him back again, and after less than 10 words he cuts me off again.

The next time I call back, his fren answers and says "Wrong number."

Finally I get him and I say when you want tuition tell me now and forever hold thy peace. He says saturday, so fine, I'll see you on Saturday. When I tell the guardian this, she goes, "Oh dear, he has chinese tuition on saturday."

So now I can't come on Saturday. He doesn't want it on Mondays, he's at school on Wednesdays, he skips on Thurs, and he has chinese tuition on Saturdays. I get the picture. You don't want to see me. You don't want tuition.

Insane ranting no. 3 coming up.... ( The FWFC will know that when I get really pissed off my language gets a bit colourful. Hence, the following rant has been edited accordingly )

IS IT THEN SO HARD TO GIVE PPLE A BIT OF **** RESPECT WHEN YOU TALK TO THEM???? I think the whole part about that day that really pissed me off was the fact that he ***** cut me off 3 bloody times when I was already at his damn ***** house wondering where the hell he was! Then he ***** cuts me off, and has the ***** nerve to get his fren to tell me "Wrong number"??? I never in my life saw such a ***** ***** who had so little respect for the pple around him and if I ever see him on the streets.... **********

I am seriously pissed, insulted and highly offended by this one stupid gesture. If there was a pure communication breakdown, then at least have the courtesy to acknowledge this, and arrange another day when I can come. When you cut me off like this, and even give the phone to your fren, to me, you're just making an effort to be rude and you don't give a damn about the fact that I came all the way to your house. Not to mention you bring yourself closer to getting yourself severely beaten up by myself one day.

Damn kid. If Bunny or Turtle is reading this, then I'm sorry that you had to see all this here. Bunny, it's nothing personal to you. I'm truly thankful that you gave me this chance when I needed it, don't doubt that. It's just that this particular incident has really riled up my fur. I have considered quitting, but I feel I have to give the kid one more chance. ( I always believe in fair play. Damn. ) I will try to see through 5 more lessons with him. If this goes on, then I'm sorry, but I will quit. I do want to help the kid, but I'm no Dead Poet wannabe, and I seriously need the stable income. I cannot help him if he refuses to even come for class with me. And I'm not going to coax him nicely into doing things. I did that for 2 years with my other kid and it didn't work. Not to mention if I can't even settle a fixed timing with him, it's very hard for me to arrange other students during the week.

We will see what happens after 5 lessons.

No comments: