No English? No Problem!

Monday, November 24, 2003

Rabbles from a Job-hunter
Writing Resumes....... is a damn tedious process.......... I've barely scratched the surface of the job-hunting jungle in Singapore and I already feel like giving up on the whole damn thing. Gawds!

Anyway I've sent out a couple of resumes, and by a couple, I mean that. Exactly 2. [er.... talk about the picky graduate huh?] One is for a technical writing post, and the job scope is to review and write about the latest tech hardware in town for this website. [Gee, does that mean I get to use them first? Ooh... bring on the toys baby...] Another is for a Retail Management Trainee for a 'french boutique'. I have no idea why these companies don't ever wanna use their real names on application adverts. I mean, if you want people to work for you, you gotta let them know what they're getting into right? [Unless for course, they don't want people to know what they're getting into. Oh oh...] I also signed up for a couple of tuition agency websites as a cross-my-finger gesture. Hope somebody wants to hire me and give me money.

I also realised [again and again and again] that I seriously need to brush up on my graphic skills in order to even get into graphic design. [which means that I have to hit the software pirates to get bootleg copies of Illustrator and Fireworks and the lot and some books from the library. I'm broke, and I have no choice but to be cheap.] Really have to start practicing on this. I have an old CD with some of the software from my stint in BizadPub with Prof. Lye, but some of the passwords don't work, so need new CDs. It might be a good idea for me to update my portfolio, with the comics realm website for Internet marketing and maybe even this blog! Gawds, imagine a potential employer viewing all this! [No........................................] Most of the applications also list 'diploma'. Wondering whether I shld go for some kinda design course or just rely on a good portfolio. [then again... my dad did say the other time that he didn't mind paying for education. Hmm...... ($$)] Anyone needs simple n cheap website design? Hahaha.... I'll charge you a milk tea and large fries from mos burger........ that'll keep me happy......... :p

Hm, am I being too picky? I don't think so. I'm not holding out for the big bucks. [I go to 4D n Toto for that]. I'm pretty much just looking for some kinda experience and hoping to get a job in the field I want to do. Now I gotta really cross my fingers and hope that at least, I get some 'eat-rice' money once my dad cuts the apron strings, so that even when I fall, I don't bruise my butt too much. [Thank God I have a big, soft one....]




No comments: