No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a bit too tired...



I always go through the same mental process when confronted with something new:

1) Approach warily
2) Do some skeletal planning
3) Procrastine
4) Panic when deadlines are near
5) Get it done
6) Relax again

And this is almost with every new arrow lodged in my back.

Inevitably it is always stage 4 where my nerves become the most strained, because I was stupid enough to ignore it for too long. When the panic takes over, I forget that actually the work can be done, and that I can do it. It takes me a bit more time to actually confront the damned thing, get it over and done with, and then I realise it wasn't as bad as I thought.

That's what I have to keep reminding myself about: Nothing is as bad as I make it out to be.

No comments: