No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

We're sorry, but...

We don't think we need tuition anymore.

Sigh. Fired. AGAIN. The 2 indonboys this time. No specific reason given.

I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't take in any more foreign students. I have this uncanny knack of getting fired after a month or so. Screw globalization.

So amidst all this economic uncertainty, what's a girl to do?

Change her guitar strings, that's what, which is exactly what I did when I went back. I unwound all the old strings on my guitar, took out the broken one, and wound the new ones on. Strangely calming in a way, I think it's the effect of doing something with your hands and having to pour all your concentration onto that one task. Plus the mental exertion of having to hold steady a classical guitar with your hips while you try to saw through a string with a penknife, hoping desperately that you a) don't cut yourself b) don't scratch your guitar c) don't kill yourself accidentally. [I hate penknifes]

So my guitar now has 6 spanking new strings on it, and I have enough old guitar wire to kill off a couple of people by strangulation. Kidding. Just kidding. Really. Unfortunately I think they're not strung up tight enough, cos the sound still goes off every now and then but can be remedied easily by a simple tune up. The main thing is: I did it myself! All by myself! And I didn't have to pay the jokers at Cristofori $20 for it! Ha! New skill to arsenal: Guitar string changing.

My playing is a bit rusty though, but hopefully that's gonna change. Found a new website called CyberFret that offers tutorials on guitar playing, so my fellow guitar-philes can go check that out if you want. Gotta warn you though, the lessons tend to be rather technical and he throws in a few musical terms here and there, so have your AB guide to music theory right next to you. :p Otherwise..... when can we meet up for a strumming session again?! I'm itchin' for some strummin'!

No comments: