No English? No Problem!

Sunday, March 21, 2004

I read the Death comic I got from the egg squad. Argh so bloody cute!!! Sandman stories are usually dark, grim and grimey, and this one was a manga-esque offering from Jill Thompson, same artist who did the cutesy big-eyed Sandman cartoons. Suddenly a lot of manga comic styles which I had never paid attention to became glaringly obvious when applied to a comic such as this. For eg, a scene where Edgar Allan Poe falls for Despair stunk of shy schoolgirl shoujo manga. Then there are the other manga references, such as the big-eyed characters, [Death is the archetypical 'silent cool guy'] and the sound effects and stuff. WoO! The effect is sort of like hearing Josh Groban sing a Linkin Park song. :p

And yes, my pix disappeared again.... I hope some of you can see them....

BTW thankfully they found all the guys who escaped to Tekong and also seem to have recovered the guns that they had on them. Phew! Fortunately I'm not as prophetic as I was afraid I was...

No comments: