No English? No Problem!

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Some Sober Reflection

I will never drink coffee late at night again
I will never drink coffee late at night again
I will never drink coffee late at night again

That's cos I drank an ice latte at this cafe, celebrating Quet's bday at about 10pm. It's now 4am and I'm still wide awake. Shit, I thought I was over all this already.

But that's not the sober reflection I was referring to in the title.

The piece below is something that I had been thinking about for a while, but couldn't really write it all here, cos it was just damn too long. Since I was so gawdamned awake tonight, [and those darn profs haven't emailed me the script which I was supposed to edit for them. hope they let me extend my deadline] I decided to finally work on it.

The idea for this little essay came to me, as I was walking home one day, having been *fired* by this family I was teaching. As I was walking home, I looked to the sky and asked myself if this was truly the path I wanted to take, with all its uncertainties and thorns along the way. I considered my dreams and ambitions in life, my needs and wants, and I found my answer in the clear blue sky. I went home, I read Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes [Good book! Good book!] and it gave me further insight and reflection into my situation. After I had finally decided it in my heart, the agency called me again to say that the family had decided to hire me back. Whether this is divine providence or not... I'm not too sure, but I feel there has to be some holy agency working its way in this. [and for that I'm thankful] The whole experience and my reflections on it became a whole essay which was too lengthy to be put on this blog, so I created a separate webpage for it. [chalk up another one for the portfolio]

So Here's To Dreams, Paths, and the Clear Blue Sky. Hope it proves insightful to anyone out there.


No comments: