No English? No Problem!

Friday, January 09, 2004

Servers are Back Up

The Blogger servers are finally working again and I can continue blogging and reading once again. *PomPom*

The unfortunate thing is that I have nothing in my life to update about. *PomPom wilts*

Hm, so let's pick the nitty-gritty.....

Sylveracyd's website is coming up nicely, though a couple of pages need cosmetic arrangements, and some more organizing. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday before tuition alternating between helping Quet on ICQ with her report, ( Ya owe me, fren. Mwahahaha ) changing the order forms and cursing formsite's stupid arrangement, ( Form has to keep uploading every time I make a change. Bah! ) and using PS to change the logos. Gawk!

Then the new tuition kid....

Let's have some basic details. I got this kid thru Bunny ( er, for lack of a better nick, though Turtle may frown on me infringing his BF copyrights. ) and the kid's Thai, studied in Singapore for abt 2 years and now in P5. Firstly, I got terribly, terribly lost trying to find my way to the place, cos it's this super ulu-fied private estate bang between Hougang stadium and Heartland mall. Bleah. Then the kid turns out to be the most super-unmotivated-bochup-don-give-a-damn kid I've ever seen in my life, and yes, his English is...............bad.

God help me now, but I really need some damn creative-divinely-inspired way of getting this kid to even look at me, let alone do the work I set for him. I realise that getting assessments is prob useless and even ineffective, if he can't be bothered. Then when I call Bunny later at night and talk to her more about the kid, she tells me more horror stories about him, like how she went for lessons and when at their doorstep, he refused to come out for lessons and his guardian just said lesson cancelled but charged anyway.

Well, getting paid for not teaching........ hmmm......... I better think up some super creative way of teaching this kid English. Help!

No comments: