No English? No Problem!

Thursday, September 23, 2004

This is another of those days where I feel I'm a walking disaster again...

Tried to make chicken curry today this time, thinking the directions on the back looked easy enough. Liar! Liars all of them!

First disaster came while I was frying the paste in the pan. The oil may have been quite hot, because the minute I squeezed the paste out, [yes, it was an instant paste. I'm not quite ready to make it from scratch yet. :P] SPLATTER! SPLATTER! SPIT! This fountain of oil came spraying out of the pot, and I only managed to snatch my hands away just in time. [oh no, not another burn..] Then, to my utter dismay, it went on to spit hot oil all over my stove, my sink, clean pots, clean plates......

And to think the only thing going through my mind was: My god, mummy's gonna kill me............

The 2nd disaster came with the potatoes. [Why? Why? Is it because I love to eat you guys too much?] Lesson learned: Potatoes take a waaaaay longer time to cook than chicken meat. So if you put the 2 together at the same time, by the time your chicken has been overcooked umpteen times, your potatoes will STILL remain half raw.

Argh. Kuso bloody hell.

3rd disaster came with the coconut milk. OK, I SWEAR I read the instructions right, which called for 2 cups of coconut milk. But when I poured in the milk, it turned out to be an insanely high amount of milk! The should've-been orange curry turned a snowy white mixture, paler than laksa! Oh, WATASHI NO KAMI DESU!!!!!

Well, obviously it was a pretty disgusting mix, so I searched around in the kitchen and found a pack of curry powder mother had bought long time ago. Arigato, kami! I poured a liberal amount of powder into the mixture, and finally got it to look somewhat a curry-ish orange.

The only thing is that the curry had the consistency of a carbonara sauce. It's THAT bloody thick. And the potatoes were still undercooked. *peng on the floor*

So...... apparently I came up with a recipe for a curry sauce in my efforts to make a curry, because it tastes all right with bread, but on its own, it's bloody thick, like milkshake. :p

*Sigh* Ah well.......... back to the drawing board............ and maybe I should make that literal in my case......

No comments: