No English? No Problem!

Saturday, April 24, 2004

a new way to get drunk on the cheap


Friday night, after dinner. Krynn already left, leaving me, Quet, and Yenn to hang around aimlessly in Orchard. All 3 of us, Aimless Wanderers, suffering from inertia of some kind. Finally we make our way to the 5th floor at Lido, where at least there is free seating and entertainment from the trailer screen and the oddballs hanging around the area.

One oddball we noticed was the Tout. This was a guy hanging around the start of the ticket queue. He had a bunch of tickets in his hand, and anytime someone walked towards the ticket queue, he'd approach them, talk to them, and apparently try to sell his tickets to them. Curiosity strikes, we debate as to what the Tout is there for. Theories range from the innocent [his friends couldn't make it at the last minute, and now he has to sell them off] to the criminal. [he's trying to swindle people by selling them fake tickets. Before the show starts, he will run out of the cinema] I'm tempted to call the guy over just to ask him what the heck was he doing exactly, but before I work up the guts to do so, he runs off. Maybe he was swindling people after all.

The object of curiosity having disappeared, we focus now on our drinks. This is like the cheapest Happy Hour any of us have ever had. Yenn had a bottle of gin conveniently at hand, and we decided to make our own cocktails there and there at Lido. The gin was left over from the Nuah Day at my place, and I met her that night to return it to her, albeit much reluctance to do so. [btw Krystal, i still want a bottle of gin. Hee.] We get a medium Pepsi at KFC, yes, because it's refillable and we lace the bugger with about 2 inches of gin.

Yes, we got high. What'd u expect? We even had 2 cups of the stuff, cos we finished the first one rather, er, quickly, between me n Yenn. Damn, but gin tastes good. And where else are u gonna get drinks like that for $2? By the time I happily helped Yenn finish up the gin Pepsi, I was high enough to be spewing out Japanese expletives for the world to hear. Yes, I still managed to walk to the bus stop and take the bus home. I was high, not drunk. But I really, really hope there weren't any Japs in Lido that night who heard me go kono saitei yariman...

No comments: