No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I did a silly thing.

I accidentally slammed a couple of keys on the keyboard at the same time.

Now my taskbar [below] has completely disappeared and only reappears when I move the mouse down there, which is a totally irritating thing to me.

Then the menu bar [above] has flattened, from its usual 3 rows to everything squeezed onto one row.

I'm now suffering from windows disorientation.

Can anyone [if you know what I'm talking about] tell me just how to adjust this stupid thing??


As to the Europe trip, hm, donno.... Guess that our 'vision' here is for the whole group to enjoy ourselves as a group as much as poss so as far as possible, we try to do things together, and that's how the planning for the whole thing proceeded along. But anyway despite the size, the only ones making decisions [and objections] are essentially me, Turtle, and Juls. So all this ruckus is really just the discussion between 3 pple. Ironic huh? The other 3 more or less left power of attorney to Turtle and Juls.


The NKF bit I wrote sparked more tags than I tot too. I think it's about high time those people started issuing statement of accounts, just to inform the public exactly where all that money is going to, and whether there're people dying because of that. Luv 'em or hate 'em, you just gotta concede to their marketing prowess. They know what they want, and they're aggressive and pretty original in getting it.



Have you all heard about the collapse of the Nicoll highway? They were on a construction site for the new MRT Circle line along Nicoll Highway behind Golden Mile and then BANG! The whole thing caved in. Statistics currently stand at 1 dead, 3 hurt and 3 missing. Suntec City suffered a complete blackout, of which KR is grateful for, considering he had an early day off from work, but unfortunately Yenn didn't. :p The entire road is also completely impassable and will be so for months.

There were worries about the entire road caving in, rather than just that section, and that it might pull down Golden Mile and the Concourse with it, and then there were worries of a gas leak which could really overboil the soup. Imagine, road collapse and then gas explosion, good god. I think Candle's transport by bus to Suntec has also been completely wiped out. On the radio, I heard that buses like 10, 70, and 14 were re-routed, so Candle, you're out of luck there.

My thought is that somebody in the archi dept is really gonna lose his career for this. I mean, how could you make such a bad mistake in your calculations, resulting in this kinda accident? It's not the kind of thing you can recover from easily. You file something wrongly, slap on the wrist. You misplace documents, slap on the wrist. You forget to email a client, stern warning. You cause a road collapse of one of Singapore's major roads, resulting in 1D, 3H, 3M, and power blackouts throughout the city area including Suntec City, Marina Square, Esplanade.......

Pity the guy. If he gets designated as the scapegoat, the only thing he'll be doing in an archi firm from then on is pouring tea.

No comments: