No English? No Problem!

Friday, April 23, 2004

Krystal: GIN! GIN! I WANT GIN!!! :p Rdgs SnP site, why not just leave it? Or pass the account to me devious hands? heh heh heh...

And yes I tried to sell the vouchers off to tons of people at the time, but nobody was interested. They were 3 $50 [total $150] Nike vouchers, to be used at NIKE Bird stores at Wheelock and Suntec, no expiry date. Since no one was interested, I just hung on to them till I decided to get a pair of shoes for myself.

The browsers are also all magically back to normal. [Sigh...] Someone in my family must've gone "what the heck...?" and just changed it back. Either that or I have pixel fairies in my com. Hm.

Opportunities in Education:
If anyone wants to make serious bucks in education, I suggest writing a book on how to tackle PSLE cloze passage. This is the part of the PSLE that murders students all around Singapore every year, and yet when I go to Popular, there's only 1 book there that really guides you through the cloze passage. Everything else is assessments. [probably cos assessments are much easier to write] I know this personally because all my students have trouble with cloze passage one way or another. One parent also told me that was what her kid's form teacher said during a PTM. Hey... market potential here... :p

[Tenderheart you might be interested] The last time I spoke to Dr Foo, he was also commenting that most of the business books out there tend to be written by people who just want to express their own opinions and experiences, [case in point Robert Kiyosaki] and there aren't many books out there to make academic research accessible to the masses. [only case in point being Harvard Business Review, which isn't exactly that mass-friendly either] So why not a book/quarterly/magazine to express heavy cheemo academic research into reader-friendly terms? [although the copyrights would probably be so sky-high as to reach the level of God, think of all the grateful uni students all over the world who'd be willing to subscribe.]

A few more add-ons to the boyfriend-shoe thing:

1. Just like men, shoes are made for women to walk on. [in, on... whatever]

2. There is always the choice between the ugly, clumpy thing that's comfortable and will last you donkey years, and the stylish, graceful heel that'll kill your feet and break the moment you step into a drain. Stylish, yet comfortable and long-lasting shoes are rare.

No comments: