No English? No Problem!

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Another Care Package, Accounts tuition, Pheromones and DF SMSes



Out of fun, guess what the below lyrics mean:

Ha, Fumus, draco magus
Incoluit mare.
Lusit autumnal'illic
Maritimo Hanalo.

No clue? Check this out.

I've only just come up with the pics and already I get requests? Relax people...... Well at least now I know there's some kind of demand for it... now wat I need is a big KITA to get me going...

-----------------------------------
Saturday Sept 11, just as I was about to leave for lunch with the folks, noticed a parcel collection card with my name on it. Huh? Now I was afire with curiosity, who's sending me this?

Is it something from Grandma? But she would've called on the phone to tell me to look out for it.
Did I win something? Well if I did it sure ain't 4D top prize...
A subscription gift from Newsweek, suggests Dad? Er, should I be excited then?
In honor of Sept 11, anthrax? Bombs? Dad's/Bro's welcome gift from Al Qaeda for joining?

Well, so anyway I was curious and the post office wasn't closed yet, so we drove down to the branch, I showed them my card, and the lady brought out this HUGE box.

Oh, watashi no kami desu.

But one look on the handwriting on the box, and I know it's SLAYER! Further confirmed by the postage labels, and the description on the package, which says "Biscuits, chips, ( potato ) postcards"

What can I say? I have seriously generous friends down under. Doomo, takusan arigato gozaimasu..... *bows deeply, repeatedly*

So in the car, I slice the thing open with a penknife, and funnily enough, the first thing I see is a dragonfly postcard.

Ha. Ha ha ha.

And also a packet of Cole's Greek herb and feta chips, white Twix, ( instant food orgasm ), a nougat, chocolate chip cookies with hazelnut chunks, ( which by the time it came to me, were more like chocolate chip and hazelnut chunks with crumbs ) and 3 more packs of TIM TAMS! COOKIES!!!!! *Cookie monster rampage*

Ok, they're still intact. No worries, though the choc chip ones are half gone, me having them during a hunger break in tuition and sharing them with my kid, and then Juls.

Yes, meet my new tuition student for accounts, Juls.

--------------------------------------------
One day he comes to me, and says, "Guess how much I got for my accounts."

[last exam he took, I gave him some tuition about 2 months before the exams]

"So how was it?"

He mentions an embarrassingly low grade.

"WAT???? HOW DE HECK DID YOU DO THAT???"

He mumbles some little excuse.

"WAT DE..."

"And so...... how much do you charge for accounts tuition?"

I look at him, 23 year old SIM student, looking at me with pleading eyes, asking me to teach him accounts once a week.

And I burst out laughing, and I don't stop for a good half hour.

Ok, I'm evil. *horns suddenly become visible*

---------------------------------------------
Read in Psychology Today [free browsing at Borders] that love boils down to a chemistry equation. When you're first in love, the body's levels of sensation-seeking hormone dopamine spikes up, giving you that airy, light-headed, imwalkingonabedofroses feeling.

Then as time goes by with the guy, oxytocin, good old girlfriend-n-cuddles hormone kicks in, to prepare the body for a long term relationship.

Also that pheromones play a huge part in mating. Like how women give out pheromones when they're ovulating, so as to signal to other parties she's ready for mating. Or how women are attracted to certain smells in men.

This eventually leads to some very interesting conversation with Candle....

I was telling her on Saturday night about how Dragonfly suddenly seemed to have a lot more time on his hands. When usually he only called me out once in a blue moon, suddenly he'd called me out for lunch and coffee on Friday, and then on Saturday, he called me out again for shopping. ( Though I couldn't make it on the Sat one, cos I was already bumming at the Esplanade lib when he SMSed ) Which made it a total of 3 times ( I went Sentosa with him on the previous Sunday ) I had seen him this week.

"Maybe it's a pheromone thing."

"What?"

"Maybe your period is coming, and so your body is giving out these pheromones, which is attracting him." She grins. Alright, here's my comeback.

With a straight face: "So... he's calling me out more because he's getting biological signals to fuck me?"

Everybody together: GROOOOAAAANNNNN.......................

This is one of those days when I feel that I spent too much time crapping with Juls.

And speaking of Juls and Dragonfly in the same sentence...

Was having an SMS conversation with Dragonfly, and then I mention that Juls might be interested in going to Thailand as well. He replies something about Julian! Julian! and piercing eyes coming out. I mention something about someone having green eyes. Ok.... Then somehow it gets to:

Boyfriend ah? Green is it?

Or something along those lines, which led me to go huh? Huh? HUH? Are you asking me if Juls is my green boyfriend? *Confused look* The limitations of an SMS conversation... though I doth sense a cute little green-eyed gremlin poking its way around...

Aoi mimi desu...

No comments: