No English? No Problem!

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Stressed On Holiday...

and that's even before I leave for it..

Yes, my much-awaited, much-talked-about, much-deliberated, much-delayed, long awaited trip to Europe is finally happening. And yes, unlike previous times I talked about it in front of you guys, it is definitely happening. I've booked my air ticket, my rooms, ( more or less ) and the only thing left is for me to fork out the cash and I'm on the way there.

Although at this rate, planning for the trip may stress me out so much that by the time I leave, I WILL be in dire need of a holiday.

*sigh* Planning issues, planning issues...... The last trip I planned for was a 3D trip to KL and that went fine...... All I had to do was go down to the travel agency, choose a hotel, choose a bus, and ta-dah, we were on our way to Malaysia... n there were just 5 of us all in Singapore.

Now I have to contend with:
travelling 6 different countries in 2 weeks,
worry about the financial status of my bank account,
worry that one of my students may fire me ( again ) after less than a month, rendering me unable to finance my trip,
hunting and searching for the cheapest places to stay and yet are strategically located near the city centres,
corresponding over email with Turtle, who's in Sweden as we speak, and who disagrees with some of the plans that I've made and wants to strike it out on his own with his gf

Argh!!! Eek!!! Funny that a holiday, a holiday, mind you, can actually be the cause of so much stress stress STRESS! I don recall getting this worked up over my projects n tutorials but over a holiday of all things, the one that's supposed to help me relax! What the freak is this logic?? Just last friday I had to spend 3 hours sitting in the damn agency office searching for rooms that'll accomodate the entire group within the time frame we wanted, ( Which has a whole host of problems with it that I don' wanna mention on the Net. Will tell u guys face to face if you ask ) and then now 2 members of the group are thinking of pulling out of the Lon/Par leg of the trip, AFTER i went through all the effort to get the rooms.

Shriek. Wail. Pull out hair.

Right... ok not that bad yet...

I'm just waiting for the day when I can just book and pay for everything and have everything set in stone ( or black ink on paper ) and no more changes can be made. Then I can relax. Then everything is certain to a certain degree and no one can pull any more funny stuff on me.

Incidentally if any of those involved in this trip are reading this blog, I'm just ranting k? This is not meant as a diss against you guys, and I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything, but I'm really getting damned stressed and this is just an outlet for me to let out that stress.

But I still am going on this trip. In fact, after all this shit, I'm even MORE determined to go on this damned trip and have a good time, godamn it!! And if anyone or anything else tries to stop me as the time draws nearer, they're gonna have one hell of a hellcat to reckon with...

It'll be a long time before I plan such long-haul trips again I tell you.... My next destination will be Thailand and I'll just go to Chiangmai and Bangkok and I'll keep the group small. Ergh....

No comments: