No English? No Problem!

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Let me announce today: Prof Surendra Rajiv has one the lousiest immune systems on the face of the earth.

Today, Candle and I are in school. It is 12:51 in the afternoon. We have just received an email from him saying that our 3pm class is cancelled. Because he has a fever and the flu as well. Now our class has been postponed to Saturday afternoon.

This is the 3rd time, numero tres, that he's pulled this on us. My sympathies to him, but it's getting kind of old after so long. if I knew this was gonna happen, I should've just bought orange juice from the canteen for him before every class. Then we'd be saved from so many postponements.

Thank goodness he was out of Singapore last semester, or I think he'd have end up with SARS and that'll be it. The whole bunch of us quarantined just cos his immune system is weak.....

Ok, I sound real, real cruel and unsympathetic right now. I think I'm just really tired of these last-minute cancellations coming in all the time, and rushing through the case study ( due today ) only to find out that we may not have to hand it in after all. ( Hair dropping out in frustration and disgust ) Lesson to anyone still in school: before signing up for modules, please enquire as to the general health status of the lecturer teaching it.

PS, that last piece of advice may be more impt than you think. For those not in the know, this finance lecturer passed away during the holidays during the height of the SARS crisis and the whole bizad faculty ( the brick and mortar structure anyway ) was scrubbed from top to bottom, while the rest of the student body ( especially the finance ones ) was hoping and praying that they won't be quarantined. I won't even be surprised if they brushed the dust off the coconut trees in the garden. Anyway, bottomline being, you just never know when......... heh heh heh..........

No comments: