No English? No Problem!

Monday, October 27, 2003

Am I the only one who has this problem with friendster? I'll be happily clicking somewhere and then *BEEP* Cannot Find Server.............

Monkeys, Peanuts and Grapes
All you sarus out there, you have to read this column in the Sunday Times Lifestyle section. ( Don't bother going online. I've tried and I can't find it there. Get yer lazy butt outta that chair and get the papers already )
Anyways, the writer wrote about a study that was conducted by some guys somewhere ( as u can see, I don't remember my sources ). They trained a bunch of monkeys to exchange pebbles for slices of cucumber. So basically monkey give prof pebble, nice prof give monkey cucumber. Ooo-ooo! Ak! Ak!
So they trained these monkeys to do so, until one day, the profs gave one of the monkeys at random a grape. [Yea, I think grapes are nicer to eat than cucumbers too] Almost half the monkeys couldn't be bothered to give in their pebbles anymore.
The whole monkey economy collapsed when finally, they gave every other monkey a grape for their pebble. Every one just went Eek-eek-eek-AK! and threw their arms [but hopefully, not pebbles] in disgust at the whole monkey business. [Ha! Couldn't resist that cliche!]
So what was the lesson earned from this experiment? Apparently, if you reward people equally, [Let's not get into fairness just yet] everyone will be content. Once you start giving people more than what is perceived to be equitable, people will start throwing pebbles at you. So basically, if you pay one of your employees with peanuts, and another with grapes, for the same amount of effort, you better run for your life cos one of them's gonna hurt a jar of peanut butter at you one day......

I so have to write a book on this one day.....

Oh yea, Action City is selling this dancing figurine that's like a dollar each. It's so cute! You wind it up and he thumps his chest and gyrates his little clockwork hips! I bought a bunch for my frens and now I have the red one. I'm calling him Chihuahua. Hahaha.... one day gonna put him together with my kungfu hamster, [incidentally named Chip Ho. Yes, Slayer, I am aware of the meaning, but I still like it that way] and the two of them are gonna boogie to "everybody loves kungfu fighting.......... HeeYa!"

No comments: