No English? No Problem!

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Stop the Rain

These few days the weather has been absolutely MISERABLE, what with the endless overcast skies, the continuous drizzle, and the upping of the humidity the previous 2 factors have caused. The start of the rainy season in Singapore has started. Oh glory be.

You can tell, I hate rain. I hate it I hate it I hate it. If not for the fact that all life as we know it depends on those pathetic drops for water, I'd be petitioning for an end to rainy weather as we know it.

Why do I hate rain? Well, let's see: I'm either stuck at home when it rains, or I'd have to lug around an umbrella wherever I go in order not to get TOO wet. [note I didn't say 'to get wet'. This is because even if you carry an umbrella when it rains, you will inevitably get wet at one spot of your body or another. Makes me wonder why we carry the bloody things in the first place]

Then, the umbrella doesn't cover your FOOTWEAR. So your feet get stinkin', drippin' wet. If you're wearing open toes, it means that your tootsies get liberally splashed with rainwater while you walk. If you're wearing shoes, it means that all the moisture gets stuck inside, and the resulting stink is likely to kill you and everyone in your vicinity the moment you take off your shoes.

And god help you if you're walking out of the house when you've just washed your hair. The humidity just loves wet hair. So all the stray little water droplets will just rush to your hair, and make their permanent residence there. Your nice, clean hair will end up sticky, grimy, and oily and hereby wasting all the effort you would have spent on it.

And these are just the personal inconveniences. What about the larger effects to the world? Rain causes water. Excess water causes floods. Floods will destroy property, livestock, crops, and generally make a lot of people's lives miserable. Then at sea, you have tsunamis, which lead to ships sinking and damage to the marine cycle, as fish are thrown about and coral reefs are destroyed.

Does all the trouble stop when the rain does? Nooooo.... because after rain, you have mud. And mud causes mudslides, landslides, and a lot of business for greedy spa owners. That's more property, livestock, crops and lives destroyed, because of a whole ton of mud that decided to leave the nest and explore the world.

And even after you clear all the mud, you're at danger of getting fungal infections from all that soil.

You see the danger we're in from rain? Stop rain now.

On the bright side though....

I finally sold one of my funny farm merchandise! Somebody bought a shirt off my cafepress shops, some unknown from the US, and I have my first sale! *Air of happiness*

And I made...... all of US$4.02.

*peng* *bish* *poing*

Well, it's a start... ;)

Btw, I'm doing it for Quet, but there's something that looks off about the goat. Can you all gimme feedback?

Kambing ahead

No comments: