No English? No Problem!

Friday, August 06, 2004

To Candle: Yes, I think it's probably that time of the month again... I noticed the regularity of my neuroses too. I think the next time it comes around, I should just go eat cake at Coffee Bean or something... :p Though if it works, I'll probably end up eating cake there like, every month. Eek.

To Slayer: Nah, I don't want to do something with/2/against him, as you described. Then again, my neuroses has passed, so naturally I'm back to my stable mood. Haha... Right now it'll just be nice to sit down over a cup of coffee and have a chat. [Hey, you reading this? ;)] And yea, I read your blog and noticed that. You going through a hormonal phase like me? ;)

Oh, horror, horror


On MSN Today, Cinema's Scariest Scenes. I know I'm a total coward, but I couldn't help but check this out.

Watching the clips on the Internet though kinda takes away some of the horror of the films. It's hard to get freaked out when the Psycho clip keeps hanging and pausing while Linda Blair's in mid-scream. And also plus the fact that it ain't the whole movie but a few minutes of the scariest scene... *shrugs* Not much to get freaked out on.

The freakiest clip, though, in my opinion is the Exorcist one. It's not quite so much what is going on in the clip, but what you suddenly see while watching the clip, a demonic face that suddenly pops out for a second and makes you go, "What the hell...?" Ok, maybe that's the wrong expression for this...

I remember one WuLinDaHui when the IJGals came over to my house and decided to watch The Exorcist. Nervous at first, I decided to watch it since well, everyone was doing so [with the exception of the Slayer intent on using the Internet] and it's not that easy to get freaked out while you're in a group, right?

Wrong. Cue to one of the opening scenes, when the female lead [or was it the priest?] was walking around in a kitchen. Everything's normal, till I see a demonic face appear on one of the white kitchen cabinets.

"What the hell... Did anyone see that??"

"See what?"

"That! That demon face thingy that just appeared on the cupboard!!"

"Was there one?"

"Like yea! It popped out on a cabinet and then disappeared in a sec!"

"But... we didn't see anything."

Froze. And then ran in all my cowardly frenzy to the other room, where I remained for the remainder of the film.

What I know now, of course, is that it was a cinematic effect, purposely put in by the director to freak out his audience and lend extra freakiness to an already freaky film. After I saw the first face, the rest of them latched onto this, and from time to time, I would hear screams of "I saw it! I saw it!" coming from the living room.

Ugh. Any more films like this and I'll probably end up covering my room with crucifixes.

No comments: