No English? No Problem!

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The Day After...

Amazingly, I managed to wake up at a decent hour, and sober at that, after the night before. I count that as a victory in my books.

So the day's events, starting from lunch with Candle and KR:

We were eating at the Arts canteen when we saw someone from our faculty walk by with a guy. Clue to ex-bizaders: Finance honours student, was attached to a HR major girl for 3 years, and was one of bizad's more well-known couples, till they broke up last year. [and if by chance he knows of this blog, i hope he doesn't kill me for the following conversation]

Candle: Hey, there's A.
KR: Who's that girl with him?

Tongues start wagging immediately. Has he officially broken up? Who's that girl? Not as chio as his ex leh. His physical standards must have dropped. Then again, hasn't he been really close with W the last semester? Didn't W break up with his gf around the same time? Didn't they stay in PGP together? OMG THEY'RE GAY PARTNERS!

The power of stray tongues. Hm. Sense of nostalgia for the many times spent in that canteen, gossiping about the people we knew in our faculty, and their various travails, and the professors and how much we couldn't stand them for the lowly, undeserved marks they gave us. So long ago we indulged in those gossipy lunch moments before/after tutorials, and after most of them graduated, so quiet with only me and Candle. *Sigh*

At least the convo went off well. We did the usual trooping up on stage, got our empty scroll cases, [a metaphor for the quality of education received in NUS?] and that was it. We were graduated. Gee, not much ceremony in this ceremony. I think I preferred my own home party ceremony.

After that Candle and I went off to J8 to shop for groceries, I ordered pizza, and then back to home to prepare for party proper.

Seeing as this was the 1st time I combined my different cliques together, I must admit I was wondering if you guys would hit it off ok, though perhaps there was too many people to be able to interact ok. Represented were cliques from NUS, IJ and one solitary guy from JC.

Well, you all didn't kill or hate each other on sight, so I guess you all were all right. :p Either that or too stuffed with the junk food to do anything else. Pizza, chicken, [thanks to krynn and gammy] baked potatoes, chips, [thanks to krynn again, and sylveracyd] cake from coffee bean [doomo to yenn] and sweet secrets [gracias to slayer], and of course, the soft drinks and alcohol. [mine, mine ALL MINE! oh, and many thanks to krystal's grad gift of Absolut Vanilla. :D]

So many of you all woke up with bloated stomachs, hangovers and solemn promises never to do that again? Hahaha... I know last night was the closest I ever got to puking my guts out over drink. One more solid cocktail and I'd've been mopping up some disgusting glop from my own floor. Just what did I drink last night...? I was so off-balance last night, the world was about to start spinning in front of me, though I was still conscious of my actions. And no, I didn't sing a single tune.

But I realised one thing. The way to integrate different groups is to find the common factor in all of them, and draw them in using that. And last night, the common factor, alas, is moi. Hence, juls helped to draw everyone together with his much-dramatized version of Tab and the Louvre Guard. [which earned him some very painful pinches on his abdomen] Bleah. Talk about the stuff I have to go through to entertain you guys.

Thank goodness sylveracyd stayed back to help me clear up, cos by the end of the day, I was soooo saeh. We put away some stuff, threw dirty dishes into the sink, and generally made it look slightly tidy again. I couldn't handle a full clean up in the state I was, so we just made it look ok lah, something that I clean up when I was sober again.

Then went down to carpark to chat with her bf, again I provided much entertaining by abusing her bf in front of her. I don't even remember exactly why I was whacking him last night, just that feeling that it would be an amusing thing to do. After a while, he started to keep his distance from me, like about 6ft away. Forget about protection from his gf. She mostly sat there, watching the whole comedy and laughing away.

OMG, do I have some kinda sadistic streak when it comes to men? Chia lat... explains why i'm still single anyway...

And this morning I woke up [sober] and realised I have tons of food left behind in the form of chips, drink, alcohol, and sweets. Oh oh. I sense many caloried nights ahead of me... groan... I think I'll detox today with fruits and leave it all for later...

No comments: